1. Q: How long does a scan take?
A: Depending on the size of the application the scan can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
2. Q: How much will a scan cost?
A: Contact the WVOT to schedule a meeting and request an estimate.
3. Q: Why should I have my application scanned?
A: Identify web application vulnerabilities such as:
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Buffer Overflows
- Configuration Problems
- Session Identifier Problems
Detect vulnerabilities before they are exploited
Comply with industry regulations and best practices
4. Q: Is it possible to have the scan run outside of normal business hours?
A: Yes, the scan can be configured to start at any time. However, we recommend beginning an off hours scan at 5:00 PM so that the Quality Assurance Analyst can detect any initial problems that could occur.
5. Q: What kind of reporting options are available?
A: A standard report includes an executive summary and detailed remediation activity information. Upon request compliance reports can be generated for various standards (HIPAA, PCI, etc.).