Information security training is an essential factor in addressing the mounting security threats facing individuals and organizations.
The State of West Virginia utilizes a learning management system (LMS) to deploy required, security and privacy training to all employees of the Executive Branch. Other voluntary training is available on the LMS as well.
Click here to launch the State's Learning Management System.
Many attackers today target the weakest link, the human. Awareness, not just technology, has become key to reducing risk and remaining compliant. This training focuses on what individuals can do to protect themselves and the data they have access to.
Additional training may be found at the following links:
DHS/FEMA Certified Cyber Security Training
- Courses are offered at no cost
- Earn a DHS/FEMA Certificate of Completion
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEU) upon course completion
- 10 Courses in 3 Discipline-Specific Tracks
- Non-Technical for End-users
- Technical for IT Professionals
- Business Managers and Professionals
The Center for Information Security Awareness
- Infagard Information Security Training in the Workplace
- Web-based course consists of 14 separate lessons covering the key security issues impacting the workplace
- Focuses on why security matters… the potential impact of cybercrime and identity theft on the company, its customers and on employees, the important role that employees play in information security and why knowing and abiding by internal security policies and rules is important.